Assistive Technology on Demand (AToD)
The introduction of AToD enables a new level of digital equity and broader participation.
-For the first time, AT users can take use any computer, in any room at their school, library, or workplace even if the AT they need is not on the computer when they sit down.
-For the first time, Institutions can offer a full range of AT in minutes without IT staff intervention each time to evaluate, scan, or install the AT – all under total control of IT staff.
-Individuals and organizations have access to wider and more affordable AT solutions.
AToD is a companion service to Morphic that allows users to have the assistive technologies they need on any computer they need to use, at any place, at any time.
The ground-breaking technology allows users to use their AT on Windows or Mac computers regardless of whether their AT is installed on the device, or the devices is locked down preventing user intallation of software.
AT on Demand, which works on any computer with the free Morphic program installed, is currently in final testing and deployment as a new service from the non-profit Raising the Floor.
Benefits of AT on Demand:
- Organizations can simplify the deployment of AT by not having to install all AT on every computer in advance – yet allowing users to have the full range of AT they need, be instantly installed on any computer at the organization, when a person needs to use it (and disappear when they are done).
- With AT on Demand, an organization can have AT installed on virtually any network-connected Mac or PC instantly – on demand – under IT dept control – without the need for IT staff to manually install it on any computer.
- AT on Demand supports organizations in their efforts to achieve their disability inclusion/accessibility goals and expand their reach of their facilities and programs.
If the desired assistive technology is not present on a computer, AT on Demand will:
- Install the user’s AT (even if computer is “locked down”)
- Configure it with their personal settings, all set for them while they use it, and
- Remove the AT when they are done.
AT on Demand is now in testing at select universities, libraries, and other organizations serving people with disabilities. It will be released to general use in late 2023. For more information, click the button below to download a handout, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .