Free Language Translation Tools
To translate text, documents, web pages or even live speech into other languages try one of the following FREE services or apps. (Links are provided for convenience. No endorsement or privacy guarantee.)
Translating Live Speech
Applications with Built in Language Translation
The following applications have translators built directly into them.
- Word 365 (in its Review ribbon)
- Edge Browser (in new Windows 10 2009 release)
- Safari Browser
- MacOS – Translate entire web pages in Safari. When you encounter a compatible page, just click the translation icon in the address field to translate into English, Spanish, Chinese, French, German, Russian, or Brazilian Portuguese.
- iOS – If you’re running iOS 14 or later, Safari now comes with a translation feature baked into the browser. Once activated, text is translated in-line on the webpage that you’re viewing.
- Chrome Browser
- To translate in Chrome, right-click on the page and select Translate to English or click the Translate icon in the address bar. (Note that on a Mac, instead of a Translate icon, a translation bar displays below the address bar. Users can select the language to translate to in the translate bar.)
- Firefox Browser
- Browser extensions are available for translation in Firefox, such as https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-translator-for-firefox/
If you are aware of other things that should be listed on this page
– please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org