FAQ Category: Installation and Software Details
How do you install Morphic?
- Morphic installs just like any other program on the Mac or Windows. It installs in less than a minute.
- Detailed installation directions, as well as a step-by-step video, are available using the links below:
- On computers not intended for personal use, such as work or library computers, Morphic would need to be installed by the IT department.
Do you need to install Morphic on a computer for it to work?
- Yes. Morphic has to be installed on each computer that you want to use it on.
- It is quick and easy.
Can I install Morphic myself?
- Yes, you can install Morphic yourself on your computer if you have Administrator privileges on your computer – you can install it yourself.
- Otherwise, whoever normally installs software on your computer should install Morphic.
Do I need admin privileges to install Morphic?
- Yes. The person installing Morphic has to have Administrator privileges on the computer.
Do I need a subscription to install Morphic?
- You do not need a Plus subscription to install Morphic. The Plus subscription is only needed if you want to create custom MorphicBars yourself.
- The basic features of Morphic are available for free. Morphic with all of its Basic features can be installed (for free) by anyone on their computer(s).
Can I install my Morphic Plus subscription on someone else’s computer?
- With permission, you can install Morphic on anyone’s computer.
- Organizations can install a copy of the free institutional version of Morphic on their computers.
- Once any version of Morphic is installed on a computer – anyone that has a custom MorphicBar can call it up on that computer – whether they created the MorphicBar themselves – or if someone made a custom MorphicBar for them.
- Note: A Plus subscription is not needed to use a custom MorphicBar. It is only needed to create them. Custom MorphicBars will work on any computer with Morphic on it.
- If you have a Plus subscription, you can create custom bars for yourself or for others – up to the limit of your subscription.
- If others want to create their own custom MorphicBars, they would need to get a Plus subscription for themselves.
- If someone else has a Plus subscription – they can create a custom MorphicBar for you – and you can use it without having a plus subscription yourself.
How often will I need to update my Morphic software?
- If you have Morphic on your personal computer, it will automatically notify you whenever there is a new update available.
- You can either choose to update or skip and update.
- Updating will get you new features as well as bug fixes.
- For organizations where an IT department maintains the computers, it would be the IT department that would apply the updates.
- The IT department would be informed of updates, and what they contain.
- They can then apply the update or not as they wish and when they wish.