Which computers (and versions) does Morphic work on?
Morphic works on
- any Windows 10 version newer than 2018 (1903 and higher).
- Any macOS version from Mojave onward (10.14 and higher). This includes Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey.
If you have an old version of Windows 10 or macOS – you can update it to a newer version for free. (Some very old computers will not run Windows 10 or Catalina.)
Does Morphic work on tablets and/or mobile devices?
- Morphic will run onWindows 10 tablet computers.
- Morphic does not run on iPads or any iOS or Android device.
The reason is that these mobile devices use a security system that does not allow any software (like Morphic) to interact or affect any other software or operating system settings. So for these platforms, Morphic would have to be implemented by the manufacturer themselves (Apple or Google) who could install it with the privileges it needs to operate.
Will it work on computers with touchscreens?
- Yes. Morphic works on touch screen computers, as long as they are running a recent version of either Windows 10 (1903 or higher) or macOS (Catalina 10.14 or higher).
Do you need to install Morphic on a computer for it to work?
- Yes. Morphic has to be installed on each computer that you want to use it on.
- Installation takes less than a minute.
Can I use the MorphicBar when I am on a different computer?
- Yes. You can use the standard MorphicBar on any computer where Morphic is installed.
- You can ALSO use any custom MorphicBar(s) you have by just signing into Morphic (using the sign in item on the Morphic menu)
Note: If you have a Plus subscription, then you can make custom MorphicBars for yourself. If not – then someone with a Plus subscription can make one for you.
Will Morphic work on machines that are locked down?
- Morphic works on computers that are “locked down” (so that software cannot be installed). But you cannot install it yourself. It would have to be installed and given the privileges it needs to operate by the IT department that locked the computer down.
- We currently have Morphic running on a wide range of computers that are locked down in libraries and other public locations.
- If your IT Department wants to install it – have them contact our software engineers by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. The basic Enterprise version is free.